Monday, June 3, 2013
Lately I've been experimenting with new paint colors.
I've had this magazine rack for awhile and thought it would look better with a new paint job.
I think originally it was probably somebody's high school shop class project.
It is very well made and is quite sturdy.
In this "before" picture I had just wiped it down with a clean, wet cloth.
It was very dirty to start with.
It was separating at the top so I clamped it back together using wood glue, then tacked in nails on each side.
That's the only repair I had to make.
The embellishments on the sides barely show up.
My plan is to change that.
I used a Fleur-De-Lis stencil I bought at Hobby Lobby.
First, I stenciled it white, then dabbed on some pale pink.
I used the same treatment on the side embellishments.
This little lamp is my next project.
I plan to change the color of the base, change out the socket to a smaller one, and rewire it.