Friday, November 23, 2012

Dollar Tree Gift Tub

When I bought these little tin tubs at the Dollar Tree I thought it would be a great idea to fill them with candy, then use them as Christmas gifts.
Then I read about Debbiedoo's Dollar Tree Christmas Crafts Party and decided I would make something and join in the fun.

My original intention was to use the Mod Podge Transfer, a technique I had used in a previous project:    My $2.00 Ugly Chair  .
After changing my mind a couple of times I decided to go with the Adorable Snowman, an image I downloaded from the Graphics Fairy. And instead of doing a transfer, I decided to just do a decoupage.
I would probably get more done if there weren't so many choices for these projects. 

I like how this turned out.


My first choice was a bird graphic but later I found some cellophane wrapping paper depicting snowmen, so I changed the graphic to the Adorable Snowman.


For an aged look, I burnt the edges of the paper a little bit.


I glued it on and sealed it using Mod Podge.


I shredded some blue paper to use as fill.
The blue candy canes came from Walmart.


Who wouldn't like this?

This is the first one I made.
It didn't take a lot of time, and it didn't cost a lot of money.
 
Linking to:
 
Debbiedoo's
 
 
The Graphics Fairy
 


 
 

 

10 comments:

  1. Oh Connie this is an adorable idea. I am so happy you shared it with the party. So far everyone's ideas are so unique and different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I love the idea for this party. Gotta love the Dollar Tree...Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the idea of turning your little buckets into such cute gifts for children. Please tell me what Mod Podge is ?? It sounds like glue & sealer all in one, very usfull.

    Best wishes Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, Mod Podge is a glue that dries clear. After I glued it on and let it dry I applied a top coat of Mod Podge, then wiped most of it back off. It provides a layer of protection. Thanks for leaving a comment...Connie

      Delete
  4. This is waaay cute and I am going to make some...thanks so much for showing me how.
    Come over and see my $TREE project. I am not very crafty but I CAN glue. :))
    I am linking to be a follower.
    Happy Sunday,
    bj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BJ, Thanks for your nice comment. I am now following you, too. Have a great day...Connie

      Delete
  5. Just adorable. I really like the burnt edges.

    I host a weekly blogging party called Seasonal Sundays. I'd love to have you come and join.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, When I first learned how to decoupage in the 1970s I learned to burn the edges. Hadn't done that in years. I will check out your party. Have a great day...Connie

      Delete
  6. Your bucket is adorable! What a really sweet gift idea. Coming over from Brag Monday and a happy new follower!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jeanine, Thanks for stopping by and following. I'll come visit you...Connie

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave a comment and I will be happy to leave one for you, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...